A web hosting company is there to provide you with the web hosting services that you require in order to sustain your web presence. Although most web hosting companies provide a similar range of web hosting services, there are specialist web hosting companies available if you have a specific interest in a certain form of web hosting such as dedicated server hosting; some web hosting companies also specialize in web hosting platforms with some choosing to focus primarily on Windows web hosting services whilst others may choose to focus on Linux web hosting services. A web hosting company should be able to meet your web hosting requirements in one way or another through the means of the features that they are able to offer, although if you have complex requirements of your web hosting service then you may need to research multiple web hosting companies in order to find the one that can offer you what you need.
What should I look for in a web hosting company?
A web hosting company is going to be providing you with your web hosting service and so it is important for you to look at the structure of the business itself and what the business can offer as this will have an affect on the quality of the service that you receive. The main things to look for in a web hosting company include:
- 24×7 web hosting support – it is always a good idea to consider web hosting companies that can offer you 24×7 web hosting support above web hosting providers that don’t as this shows commitment to customer service – web hosting providers that offer 24×7 support will be able to respond to server issues faster than those that don’t meaning that if there is an issue with your website, you can be sure that by contacting your web hosting provider at any time of the day, you will be able to have your issue resolved without any problems – however, in some cases you may find that you have to pay a premium in order to be able to go with a web hosting company that can offer 24×7 support
- High uptime – you want your website to be available all the time without the reliability of your chosen web hosting package having to be a worry for you and so you should only consider web hosting companies that have a good track record with offering high uptime web hosting services – there are many different factors that can affect the reliability of a web hosting package with the external factors (such as power supplies and the network) being the core problems, although the management of the hosting server will also play a huge part in how reliable it is – offering high uptime web hosting services doesn’t have to be hard if a server is managed properly, but in order to offer 100% uptime many web hosting companies are now switching to offer cloud web hosting services
- Realistic resource offerings – it is important for you to be aware of the resources allocations that a web hosting company is offering with its web hosting services as it is recommended that you avoid web hosting companies that are overselling their web hosting servers – if a web hosting company is offering resource assignments that sound silly for such a low price then it is clear that they are overselling their web hosting services, and overselling can bring you problems if you do choose to purchase from such a web hosting company – it will mean that you will probably never make the most of the resource assignments that you have purchased, and if you get anywhere near using them then the likelihood is that your web hosting account will be terminated.
If you consider the above factors when looking for a web hosting company capable of servicing your needs, you will soon find one that can offer you the web hosting package that you require.
What are the most popular forms of web hosting offered by web hosting companies?
Most web hosting companies offer the same array of web hosting services, although some web hosting companies will be different with what they offer if they specialize in a certain form of web hosting. The two main forms of web hosting on offer are:
- Shared web hosting – shared web hosting services are usually the cheapest web hosting packages available from most web hosting companies and they are popular with web hosting companies since they are cheap to offer – if you are an individual using web hosting for the first time then a shared web hosting service from a reputable web hosting company will provide you with a web hosting experience that you can rely on to meet your requirements
- Dedicated server hosting – if your requirements are a bit more complex then you may wish to consider dedicated server hosting for your requirements – although dedicated servers are usually the most expensive form of web hosting available, you will be able to make the most of a dedicated server hosting service that can offer you resource assignments that no other form of web hosting can provide you with.
In conclusion, a web hosting company can provide you with a variety of different web hosting services, one of which will be able to meet your requirements in one way or another. It is a good idea to research a web hosting company prior to purchasing a web hosting service so that you can be sure that you are choosing a reputable web hosting company.