Many web hosting companies operate their own affiliate schemes as a way of promoting their business through other websites without having to put any work in directly, with the process only costing them once a sale has been made. The affiliate schemes offered will differ between web hosting companies because some web hosting providers are going to be using one particular payment structure whilst another web hosting provider may choose to deploy a completely different structure; furthermore, the amount paid per single sale is also going to be different. If you are experienced with web marketing then moving into create websites based around the idea of promoting web hosting companies will provide you with an opportunity to make the most of your skills whilst providing you with a fairly stable source of income. For web hosting companies, affiliate schemes can be an easy source of income that can be created with ease, although it is important for a web hosting provider to have a well-established customers base in order for its affiliate scheme to be of any use to the business overall. As a web hosting business you will find setting up your own affiliate scheme to be rather simple as there are many different applications to choose from, although affiliate schemes themselves take some level of promotion if they are to be successful.
Benefits of Web Hosting Affiliate Schemes
There are many benefits to be had from using web hosting affiliate schemes. If you are a customer of a web hosting company then it is recommended that you take advantage of the affiliate scheme that is on offer, as you will receive benefits such as:
- Easy way of making money – if you take advantage of web hosting affiliate schemes in the right way and are able to generate a large number of sales using your affiliate link then you will be able to make a good amount of money through the commission that is paid on each sale that you make – different web hosting providers will have different payment structures with some offering a tiered system meaning that you will be paid a certain amount for the price bracket that a sale falls within, whilst another popular commission structure is one that pays commission that will be a certain percentage of the overall value of the sale – some companies may even opt for the simplistic structure of paying a single flat fee for every sale that is made, although this probably the least lucrative option for affiliates
- Discounts on web hosting plans – as an affiliate, you are going to have access to special promotions and discount codes offered by the web hosting companies that you are an affiliate of before anyone else so that you are able to pass these special deals onto those who you think may wish to purchase a web hosting plan through your affiliate link – on the other hand, this can also be of benefit to you because it provides you with a way of saving money on your own web hosting plans if you choose to purchase your web hosting packages from a provider that you are an affiliate of
- Web marketing – you can take advantage of the websites that you build to promote web hosting affiliate schemes to promote your own websites as well as the other affiliate websites that you create as it is important to create a network of interlinked affiliate promotion websites – if you market your affiliate websites correctly then you should be able drive a large amount of traffic to your websites, but it isn’t always guaranteed that these visitors will convert into sales.
What skills do I need to make the most of a web hosting affiliate scheme?
If you wish to make the most of web hosting affiliate schemes so that you are able to maximize the potential revenue that you can earn from such schemes, it is important for you to possess skills such as:
- Web marketing/SEO – it is important for you to be well versed in web marketing and SEO so that you are able to carry out the marketing required so that your websites are able to gain a good level of exposure in search engines, allowing you to obtain high traffic streams – there are many different SEO techniques that you can take advantage of to ensure that your websites receive high rankings in search engines for the keywords that are related to the web hosting companies that you are aiming to promote – however, if you are only looking to promote your affiliate link to friends and colleagues then you won’t have to worry about web marketing and SEO as these are things that will only be needed when you are attempting to carry out internet promotion on a large scale
- Web development – if you are going to be developing websites for a number of different affiliate schemes then it is important for you to have some basic knowledge around web development and web design so that you are able to create functional websites that contain accurate information and are kept up to date – if you have never developed a website before then there are certain solutions that you can use to your advantage, for example you could always choose to use a CMS system such as WordPress because this will provide you with a reliable base on which you can develop the content that you want.
In conclusion, web hosting affiliate schemes provide you as the customer with a chance of making money through promoting your web hosting company to your friends and colleagues. If you are an experienced web developer and SEO marketer then you can take it further by using your skills to market your affiliate scheme promotion website in the search engines because at the end of the day it will be important for you to drive in as much traffic as possible, organic traffic in particular as this is most likely to be converted into sales.