One of the best ways of saving money when you wish to host more than one website is to choose a web hosting plan that will provide you with the option for multiple site hosting because this will allow you to make the most of the resources that you have available at your disposal. Most shared web hosting plans provide you with the facility to host more than one website under your web hosting account meaning that you won’t have to spend a great deal of money in order to receive a web hosting plan that will provide you with the facility to make the most of all of the resources that you have available. Multiple website hosting will provide you with the opportunity to host multiple domains under a single web hosting plan, allowing you to consolidate all of your websites into a single manageable interface if you have websites hosted under different web hosting accounts with different web hosting providers. The best thing about multiple site hosting is that it isn’t platform specific; this will allow you to host multiple websites under a single web hosting plan on a Windows server or a Linux server, meaning that it should be pretty easy to find a web hosting plan that suits your needs, regardless of the languages that you use to develop your websites or the additional applications and services that you rely on to add functionality.
Benefits of Multiple Site Hosting
There are many benefits to be had from using multiple site hosting over a traditional web hosting packages that will provide you with the facility to only host a single website. The main benefits to be had include:
- Save money – a web hosting plan that will allow you to host more than one website will provide you with an opportunity to save money because it means that if you ever need to host another website in future, you won’t need to purchase a new web hosting plan as you can simply add the domain on to your existing web hosting account, thus saving yourself money in the process – the same can be said if you are already in a position where you are using multiple web hosting plans for different websites as this will provide you with an opportunity to consolidate all of your web hosting plans into a single account, but in any circumstances it means that you will only be paying for a single web hosting account instead of multiple accounts
- Streamlined management – if you decide to migrate all of your websites to be hosted under a single web hosting plan then you will instantly find that the management of your web hosting services has become much simpler because you will be able to manage all of your websites from a single control panel interface, rather than having to login to a different web hosting account every time you wish to make amendments to individual websites – furthermore, depending on the control panel that your web hosting provider has provided you with access to, you will also be able to carry out batch jobs meaning that you can achieve more at once
- Makes the most of your resources – a web hosting plan that provides support for multiple websites will also allow you to make the most of the resources that are provided with your web hosting package because you will be able to distribute them amongst multiple websites rather than be stuck with using them for a single website that may not necessarily require large amounts of specific resources – this will allow you to make much better use of your resources and will mean that you can make the most of a web hosting package by exhausting what it has to offer you before needing an upgrade.
Disadvantages of Multiple Site Hosting
There can also be disadvantages to using multiple website hosting in some situations and for some although it can provide the right features, multiple website hosting may not always represent the best option available. The main disadvantages that you could face include:
- Reseller hosting – if you are going to be hosting websites for others then a shared web hosting plan that can provide you with the multiple website hosting facility is no replacement for a reseller web hosting package – the difference between a reseller web hosting package and a multiple domain hosting plan is that a reseller web hosting package will allow you to create individual client accounts for the individual websites that you wish to host and will be able to base each web hosting account around the web hosting plans that you create yourself, based on the resources that your reseller web hosting plan is able to provide you with – furthermore, if your web hosting clients have their own client accounts then this will remove a certain level of stress from you because it means that you won’t have to worry about managing their accounts for them
- Pricing – in some situations, the pricing of multiple domain web hosting plans can be slightly higher than web hosting plans that will only allow you to host a single website, although this will depend on the web hosting provider that you choose to use – in any situation it is recommended that you search around web hosting companies to ensure that you receive the best deal available and that you make the right choice when differentiating between what Windows and Linux web hosting plans have to offer.
In conclusion, multiple site hosting will allow you to save money in the long term if you wish to host more than one website as it will remove the need for multiple web hosting plans. Regardless of whether you require a Windows web hosting plan or a Linux web hosting plan, you should be able to find a web hosting company that can provide you with a suitable web hosting plan; however, the availability of certain features such as multiple website hosting will depend on the web hosting control panel that has been deployed by your chosen web hosting provider.