High uptime web hosting services will provide you with a reliable web hosting service that will ensure that your website is available all the time, giving you one less thing to worry about and allowing you to focus on more important tasks. Web hosting companies are endeavouring to offer web hosting services with the highest rate of uptime attainable as reliability is the main factor that most people will consider in web hosting services these days; this can be achieved in many different ways, but the most popular way at this moment in time of attaining a high level of uptime with web hosting is to roll out cloud web hosting packages. Dedicated server hosting is another way in which you can receive a high level of uptime from your chosen web hosting package; dedicated servers offer you an isolated web hosting environment separate from anyone else which will allow you to make the most of the resources that you have purchased.
What makes a web hosting service reliable?
There are several different factors that can affect the reliability of a web hosting service, and web hosting providers take these into consideration so that they can alter them to allow them to offer high uptime web hosting services. These factors can include:
- Network – the network that your hosting server is hosted on can have an affect on the reliability of your web hosting service as all traffic to your website has to be routed through this network – most data centres are using the latest networking equipment and have it set up in a way that will allow them to ensure that is one part of the network fails, there will always be a way to route traffic to particular servers that may be affected – if the main connection to the internet fails then most data centres also use a number of different peers in order to provide a fast connection to users all over the world – it is important to remember that data centres usually control their networks rather than the web hosting provider that you are using
- Power supply – the supply of power to your server could be affected at times and if this causes the server to crash then your website and web hosting account could be unavailable for a prolonged period of time – any reputable data centre will be using several sources of back-up power for use in the scenario where the main power supply fails – most data centres will have petrol generators to provide power for a prolonged period of time, but for the short term most data centres will automatically fall back onto UPS battery supplies – this means that the power supply provided to you hosting server is unlikely to affect the reliability of your web hosting service
- Number of users hosted per server – the number of web hosting accounts that a web hosting provider hosts on a single server can also affect the overall reliability of your web hosting service as the more users there are on a single server, the higher the load there will be placed on the server’s resources – if a web hosting provider is overselling its servers then you will face problems with reliability as the problem will be that there are so many users hosted per server, the server won’t be able to cope with the load of the websites meaning that it will eventually crash, thus rendering your website unavailable.
When choosing any web hosting service, it is important for you to consider the above factors if you wish to receive a reliable web hosting experience. Choosing a reputable web hosting company is another way in which you can be assured to an extent of the level of uptime that you can come to expect from your chosen web hosting service.
What is the best way to protect myself with high uptime web hosting?
There are a couple of different ways in which you can protect yourself when using high uptime web hosting to help ensure that you receive the high level of uptime that you are being promised, and if that fails you then that you have a way to claim compensation for the disruption caused. The two main ways are:
- Cloud web hosting – cloud web hosting services are able to offer 100% guaranteed uptime as there are many servers used in a single cluster to allow web hosting providers to offer cloud web hosting – when you are provided with an uptime guarantee of 100%, it is highly unlikely that you’ll need to worry about the availability of your website as web hosting providers rarely stray away from such guarantees
- SLA (service level agreement) – larger web hosting providers will offer SLAs on some of their higher end products such as dedicated servers so that you are provided with a contracted guarantee of the level of uptime you can expect from your web hosting service – SLAs are only usually available on the most expensive web hosting services but usually detail that you can claim compensation if your web hosting service comes unavailable for an extended period of time.
In conclusion, high uptime web hosting services can be found if you choose the right web hosting provider for your requirements. Cloud web hosting should be your focus if you want to be offered a guaranteed level of uptime if you require it, but if you can afford the premium then you may wish to consider a dedicated server that comes with an SLA.